This retail centre was constructed in 2013 in the coastal harbour city of Benguela, west Angola, which was founded in 1617 by the Portuguese.
The strip-mall configuration centre of approximately 10 000m² GLA, was designed as a regional centre with future expansion of 11 000m² GLA. It has a single anchor tenant complimented by 18 line shops varying in size, including banks, restaurants, fast foods and coffee shops serving an undercover food court on ether side of the entrance arcade. The building’s external pedestrian circulation area is screened from the parking area by large planters with royal palm trees, characteristic of Benguela.
Project Status: Completed